I was waiting in line at Sephora last weekend and once again fell into the trap that is the travel-sized section. The giant “b6” label on the box totally caught my eye, and a look at the description immediately made me want to try this product. This is a rare case in which impulse buying was an awesome idea.
The B vitamins are great energy boosts, as well as supplements for hair, skin, and nails. Vitamin B6, in particular, can make you feel more energized and happy. So, a makeup product with B6? Yeah, I’m definitely excited about this.
The spray contains a stabilized form of topical vitamin B6, and claims to reduce redness, minimize pores, and absorb oil. Read the full product description on the Urban Decay website, or check it out at Sephora.
- Packaging: The product is contained in a sleek and soft-touch dark purple bottle. There are two caps, as seen in the Sephora product images. Keep in mind that I only have the travel size (30 ml), which is a much thinner bottle than the full size (118 ml).
- Scent: If anything, I think that the spray has a light floral scent. To be quite honest, I can barely smell it, and it makes me wonder if I’m just picking up the fresh flowers in my room…
- Texture: The sprayer produces a very fine mist. The liquid itself dries quickly and is not sticky.
- Experience: I have been using this product almost every morning since purchasing it. I apply enough to cover my entire face–three to four spritzes after my toner usually does the job. The light mist gives a very refreshing and energizing feeling. As a makeup product, it functions wonderfully as a primer. I’ve noticed that my eyeshadow, highlighter, and blush last all day when I apply this prep spray. As part of my skin care routine, I have visibly noticed an immediate reduction in shininess, especially in the T-zone. I use other products daily to minimize my pores and redness, so I cannot confidently comment about the effectiveness of this complexion spray on those aspects.
- Rating: 5/5, for sure! I will be purchasing the full size bottle soon and keeping this one in my bag.
One last thing–the inner nerd in me would like to share this short article about “vitamins that keep you feeling awake, energized & happy.” After all, tomorrow is Monday again (ugh!) and you just might need the extra pick-me-up.