Silly me… I was looking forward to writing this post all day, only to get distracted by food and online shopping when I finally got home. Okay, YesStyle, just take my money. (FYI, they’re having their 9th Anniversary Sale right now. Use your own discretion and consider yourself warned.)
Anyway, moving on…
Flying can do horrible things to your body, especially your skin. Being in an airplane can cause you to dry out or break out, regardless of the duration of transport–just think of all that circulating recycled air. Yeah, ew. Don’t let one flight ruin the complexion you’ve worked for! Luckily, there are a handful of products that can help you up your travel game and look destination-ready upon arrival.
Here are my personal picks for your in-flight beauty kit:
- Sheet masks — This is my #1 in-flight must-have. A sheet mask will help you regain any lost moisture and make you feel refreshed. Be sure to let all of the serum soak in, and use the excess on your neck, hands, arms, etc. Follow with a cream moisturizer to really lock in hydration.
Featured: Innisfree It’s real squeeze mask in green tea
- Eye treatment — Combat puffy eyes and dark circles with an eye sheet or moisturizing stick.
Feautured: Skinfood Carrot Collagen Eye Sheet and Tony Moly Panda’s Dream So Cool Eye Stick
- Blotting paper — Fight breakouts before they happen by carrying oil-absorbing sheets.
Featured: The Face Shop Oil Blotting Paper
- Complexion spray — Pack a travel-sized facial mist for quick and easy hydration throughout the flight. The spray can also be used as a primer later on.
Featured: Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray
- Lip tint — I highly recommend lip tint because of its buildable intensity and ease of application. Plus, it won’t smudge! Use a combination of two tints to achieve a gradient look.
Featured: The Face Shop Milky Moisture Tint
- Concealer — When dark circles or blemishes just won’t disappear, it’s time to pull out the concealer and start blending.
Featured: Benefit Erase Paste and Skinfood Banana Concealer Stick
- Cushion — Use a BB cushion instead of foundation for natural-looking buildable coverage and UV protection.
Featured: Laneige BB Cushion
- Leading up to the trip, incorporate moisture masks into your daily routine so that your skin is already well hydrated.
- Exfoliate your skin the day before your trip.
- Deep condition your hair the night before you take off.
- If you’re getting ready for a long flight, skip the makeup altogether. It’s going to get messed up anyway. Stick to moisturizer and sunscreen instead.
- Pack an eyelash curler in your carry-on.
Happy travels! Have a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!