Over the past couple of weeks, I did quite a bit of shopping… With semi-annual and 4th of July sales happening, it was just too hard to resist. Here is part of my recent beauty haul:
The majority of these products were bought on a whim, without having done any prior research. I haven’t had a chance to try most of the items yet, but I’ll say what I can about each of them.
- Stila Smudge Stick Sun Goddess Duo — I love Stila’s eye makeup and regularly use the Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. From experience, I expect that this smudge stick duo will go on smooth and be budge-free throughout the day.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Gold Eau de Parfum Rollerball — I discovered this fragrance during my last trip to Victoria’s Secret and immediately fell in love with it. Sadly, it’s being discontinued and is already unavailable on the VS website :<
- NYX Infinite Shadow Stick in Silk — I really like eye shadow sticks because they are so easy to apply. I’m hoping that this one will work a bit like the Clinique Chubby Sticks.
- e.l.f. Essential Total Face Brush — This brush is so soft, and perfect if you’re on a budget (it’s only $2)!
- NYX Prismatic Eye Shadow in Golden Peach — I honestly bought this just because I liked the color. I have no idea how well it will work.
- Maybelline The Nudes Palette — I’ve had my eye on this palette for a while, so I finally picked it up. I might start using it as part of my quick morning makeup routine.
- Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette — This is my new favorite palette! I use it with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer and it stays all day. I have been very pleased with the pigmentation and I find the shadows very easy to apply and blend (although the powder does fly a bit). The Blushed Nudes is not exactly a dupe for Naked3, but you can create very similar looks with it for a fraction of the price. Check out this video for a full comparison between the two palettes.
- NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Dusk Til Dawn — This is my first NYX palette, so I’m excited to try it out soon!
- NYX Wonder Pencil in Light — I love these multi-use pencils. I mainly use them to brighten my inner eyes and conceal dark circles. I’m currently running out of my Chella Highligher Pencil and plan to use this as a substitute.
- NYX HD Finishing Powder in Translucent — I read mixed reviews about this, so we’ll see how it goes!
- NYX Green Tea Blotting Paper — I don’t think you can go wrong with a blotting paper, and I do love green tea.
- Victoria’s Secret Sunset Flavored Gloss in Punch Love and Luscious — Victoria’s Secret lip glosses tend to be a bit sticky, but these were just too cute to pass up. Oops.
Have you tried any of these products before? Let me know in the comments!