I absolutely love sheet masks. They’re a great way to pamper yourself both at home and on the go. This particular mask uses tomato extract to “moisturize and whiten skin.” It is one of many from Nature Republic’s Real Nature Mask Sheet line.
- Packaging: The Real Nature Mask Sheets are often sold in packs of 10. Like any other sheet mask, this product is contained in an easy-to-open lined pouch. Each pouch contains plenty of extra serum.
- Scent: This face mask doesn’t really smell like tomatoes. It actually has a fruity scent that reminds me of lychee.
- Texture: The sheet mask is very thin and rips easily. Be careful when you’re taking the mask out of the packaging! The essence is quite watery, but does not feel sticky.
- Experience: I use this after I’ve applied serum or ampoule, so that all of the moisture and benefits can collectively soak into my skin. Although the essence is very thin and watery, this isn’t an issue since the mask itself is super saturated and intended to prevent the liquid from evaporating. I leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then pat the remaining essence onto my face. The essence dries nicely and makes my face dewy and moisturized, although somewhat sticky. I have yet to witness the whitening effects of the tomato extract, but please note that I constantly alternate between different sheet masks. If you are interested in the whitening properties, I suggest using this product daily.
- Rating: 4/5. This product definitely moisturizes, but I’ve tried better quality sheet masks overall.
Tips for sheet masks
- For an extra cooling effect, pop the mask in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Sheet mask pouches tend to come with A LOT of extra essence. Use the extra essence on your neck or other parts of your body, or save it and apply it to your face the next day.
- Use sheet masks as often as you’d like, or whenever your skin feels dehydrated. I personally like to use the masks 1-2 times a week in the summer and 2-3 times a week in the winter.
Have questions about sheet masks? Ask away in the comments!