First of all, thank you so much to both Claire (My Life in Words) and Olivia (oliveaolive) for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award–an award that “recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world.” I was so surprised to receive Claire’s nomination, let alone a second one from Olivia. I truly appreciate their consideration and I’m very happy to be a part of this community of bloggers.
If you don’t follow My Life in Words or oliveaolive already, I highly recommend checking out their wonderful blogs! Claire runs a fantastic beauty and lifestyle blog, while Olivia focuses greatly on the science behind skin care.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions your nominator has provided.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
Questions from Claire:
- If you could travel to any country where would you go?
I really want to go to Italy or France!
- What is your all time favourite beauty product?
Probably cushion. It’s very lightweight and easy to apply–perfect for my everyday makeup routine. My second favorite product would be lip tint.
- Which clothes shops do you enjoy shopping at most?
I really like Asian fashion, so I shop on YesStyle a lot. Forever 21 is another favorite. They have trendy styles for very reasonable prices. Their quality isn’t the best, but it’s wonderful for someone who easily gets bored of her wardrobe! I also like Macy’s, TJ Maxx, and H&M.
- What made you start a blog?
I regularly share a lot of beauty and lifestyle tips with my friends. I created this blog to open up those thoughts to a wider audience.
- Lipstick or eyeshadow?
That’s tough… Lipstick.
- What’s the last makeup item you purchased?
This Innisfree Vacance Makeup Set.
- Name something you love and something you hate.
I love guava-flavored and guava-colored things. I hate getting blood drawn.
- Favourite skincare brand?
Tied between The Face Shop and Innisfree.
- Favourite makeup brushes?
I love Coastal Scents! Their brushes are very affordable and work great.
- What’s the eyeshadow palette you always reach for?
Currently, Maybelline The Blushed Nudes. Previously, Coastal Scents Revealed 1.
Questions from Olivia:
- What is your favourite post you have written? (don’t forget to link it!)
Hmm… How to step off the plane looking fresh and fabulous is one that I really like. It highlights a lot of my favorite beauty and skin care products.
- What did you want to be when you were older and did you keep that dream?
I didn’t really have a set dream job, but I always thought it would be cool to be a pop star. That obviously didn’t happen, but I keep the dream alive by constantly singing out loud when I’m driving alone…
- What do you do to de-stress?
It depends on what’s causing the stress. Sometimes I’ll go out for a walk, while other times I just need an iced latte or milk tea. I listen to a lot of upbeat music. Retail therapy is also highly effective, but I don’t recommend it. I guess, for me, it really comes down to taking a break and allowing myself time to relax and refocus.
- Tell me 3 things about the place you live
- There’s a man-made lake in the community.
- There are a lot of farms nearby.
- There is absolutely no good boba here. None.
- What is your favourite decade of fashion?
I love to look at 1920s and 1940s fashion. Women’s clothing was so elegant back then. At the same time, I love this current decade of fashion as well.
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Oh, I don’t know… Haha I don’t do a lot of scary things.
- Do you have any unique skills?
I have skills, but I wouldn’t call them unique 🙂
- What do you plan for the future of your blog?
New and different content, in addition to the current themes. I also want to start posting on a daily basis. At the moment, I only post 4-5 times per week.
- What is your favourite type of exercise?
- Would you rather a holiday in the mountains, forrest, beach or city?
- Hello Lavender
- Mad Cherry
- Serena Glow
- Amiable Charm
- Jasmineitor in Korea
- When did you start blogging?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- If you could get on a plane right now, where would you want to go?
- What’s your favorite flower?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What does your morning beauty routine consist of?
- What’s your favorite fast food joint?
- What are you wearing right now?
- Would you ever shave your head?
- What’s your favorite trend right now?