This Black Sugar Mask Wash Off from Skinfood is my favorite exfoliating scrub. I use it once a week to remove dead skin cells. For a gentler scrub and mask, check out the brand’s Rice Mask Wash Off.
Description & directions from Skinfood’s Official Website:
Enriched with minerals and vitamins, this face scrub effectively exfoliates dead skin that prevents makeup application, while revitalizing skin.
After washing, apply desired amount onto face, avoiding eye and mouth areas. Mix with water or toner to reduce skin irritation, and massage. Wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.
Here’s the breakdown —
- Packaging: Like Skinfood’s other wash-off masks, this product comes in a small tub with screw cap. A spatula is not included. I recommend using dry hands or a spoon to scoop up the scrub, otherwise your scrub will get muddled with water. (Please ignore all of the water damage on my lid. I like to keep my tub in the shower!)
- Scent: The black sugar makes this mask smell like candy. The scent is not too strong or sweet, and it washes away with the scrub.
- Texture: This scrub is thick and requires a fair amount of pressure for it to spread evenly. The sugar particles are easily seen and felt, giving it a very grainy texture.
- Experience: I use about half a teaspoon of scrub for my entire face. You really don’t need a lot of this mask for full coverage. In fact, I bought this scrub last summer and it looks like I’ve barely touched it after a year of use (the product photo was just taken on Friday morning). Due to the sugar crystals, if used alone, the scrub is quite harsh and abrasive. I recommend applying it to a damp face–doing so will reduce the irritation and also allow the mask to spread easily. I use this scrub as part of my deep cleaning routine and it always makes my face feel super soft and clean.
- Rating: 5/5 — If you need an exfoliating scrub, you should try this ASAP!