Vegas gets crazy hot in the summer, with temperatures often rising over 100ºF. Before you face the dry, desert heat, make sure that your beauty kit is equipped with the following:
- Protective sun care
- Deeply hydrating moisturizers
- Makeup with staying power
Here are some products that will help you protect your skin and stay looking fabulous under the blazing sun:
Sun care —
- Innisfree Eco Safety Aqua Perfect Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++
This is currently my favorite sunscreen. The gel formula gives it the consistency of regular lotion, which I highly prefer over traditional thick sunblocks. This suncream is lightweight and therefore absorbs very quickly. It is extremely hydrating, gentle, non-greasy, and smells great. I used this liberally during my recent Vegas trip and I barely tanned at all! (I burn really easily.)
- Innisfree Eco Safety No Sebum Sunblock SPF35 PA+++
Have oily skin? Try this “No Sebum” sunblock for combined UV protection and oil control.
- Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Nature Republic’s aloe soothing gel is one of their best-selling products. It provides an instant cooling sensation, and is very fast-absorbing and moisturizing. In the summer months, I use this product almost daily.
- Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel Mist
This is basically the liquid form of the Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel, and it’s just as cheap. Carry this in your purse and use it throughout the day for instant relief.
- Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
This soothing gel contains “a special skin-vitalizing Jeju aloe complex.” It’s a refreshing moisturizer that’s great for your entire body. This product works just as well as Nature Republic’s version, but its mess-free squeeze bottle gives it an advantage.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Sheet Aloe
I’m all about packing sheet masks for any vacation. [See my in-flight beauty tips & must-haves.] Bring soothing and moisturizing masks to allow your skin recover and recharge for the next day. The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Sheets are my favorite line.
- Innisfree Green Tea Sleeping Pack
Be sure to use a powerful sleeping mask to fully rehydrate your skin overnight. I recently purchased this sleeping pack and it is amazing! Using this ensures that I wake up with soft and smooth skin.
- C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Balm – No. 1421
Don’t forget to moisturize your lips! This lip balm smells and tastes like lemon drops, plus it’s incredibly nourishing–what more could you ask for? I’ve tried so many different chapsticks, but nothing comes close to this one. It’s currently on sale at Bath & Body Works as part of a Buy 2, Get 1 Free Lip Care special.
- Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infuxed Complexion Prep Spray
A primer or prep spray will help your makeup stay all day. I’ve been carrying the travel-sized version of this product everywhere. [Check out my full review here.]
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
When the weather is hot, use a liquid lipstick to avoid smudges all over your face. This amazing formula from Too Faced is long-lasting, and it comes in a range of beautiful colors.
- The Face Shop Milky Moisture Tint
This lip tint is my absolute favorite lip product. The lightweight formula dries quickly and moisturizes lips, and it packs some serious staying power. Tints are also perfect for buildable color, as well as achieving gradient lips.
- NARS Matte Multiple
Use a cream blush under your foundation for a subdued hint of color that isn’t cakey or chalky. This NARS stick doubles up as a lip and cheek product.
- Laneige BB Cushion
This cushion provides lightweight coverage that won’t weigh you down or melt off of your face.
- Innisfree Eco Beauty Tool Jeju Volcanic Oil Control Paper
Stop shine from ruining your vacation photos with a blotting paper like this one.
BONUS TIPS & REMINDERS
- Use waterproof sun care and makeup products.
- For maximum protection, be sure to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Did you still manage to get sunburned? Use a special pack like this Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack to help treat irritated skin and restore moisture.
- Keep makeup as light as possible. Go for pops of color and concealer, rather than full face coverage.
- Swap all powder formulas with creams and liquids.
- Don’t have oil control paper? Use paper toilet seat covers as a substitute.
- Drink lots and lots of water!