These blackened Cajun fish tacos are incredibly easy to prepare and taste delicious! I was inspired to make them because I had authentic roasted New Mexico green chile in the fridge 🙂
Homemade Cajun Fish Tacos Recipe
Total time: 30-45 minutes
- Cajun seasoning
- Catfish filets, or other white fish filets
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green or red cabbage, julienned
- Red onion, chopped
- Limes, cut into wedges
- Avocado oil for frying
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Carrots, julienned (optional)
- Jalapenos, thinly sliced (optional)
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing (optional)
- Pico de gallo (optional)
- Rinse fish filets and pat dry. Place on a flat surface.
- Generously coat each fish filet in Cajun seasoning. Be sure to rub in the spices, and fully cover each side.
- Let the fish rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high temperature.
- Carefully place fish in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the fish breaks apart easily.
- Slice fish into strips and serve in warmed tortilla. Top with cilantro, cabbage, lime juice, salsas, etc.
This dish is so perfect for the summer. Try it out and let me know what you think! I’ll definitely be whipping up another batch soon.