Product description and directions from The Body Shop:
This dermatologically tested pre-moisturizer is designed for skin that needs more gentle care.
Apply to clean skin using fingertips.
Full list of ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.
- Packaging: The Body Shop products have very simple packaging. This serum comes in a clear bottle with attached pump head. Its small size and protective snap cap make it a very travel-friendly item. (Can you see the clear cap? It’s barely visible against the white background.)
- Scent: The serum is supposedly fragrance-free, but I think it smells like Play Doh. I’m not sure how else to describe it. In my opinion, smelling like Play Doh is not a good thing.
- Texture: The product has a lightweight, gel-like consistency. With respect to Korean skin care items, it actually feels more like an emulsion than a serum. It goes on skin smoothly and evenly, and is completely non-greasy.
- Experience: I bought this serum as part of a 3 for $33 sale at The Body Shop. The words “serum” and “pre-moisturizer” caught my eye, as I had been looking for a serum to incorporate into my morning routine*. In addition, I’m simply a huge fan of aloe [as proven by this list of featured products]. I’ve been using this daily for a couple of weeks now and I think it works very well. It is made for sensitive skin, so it is very gentle and soothing. The thin formula dries incredibly fast and leaves a visible layer of hydration. One pump of serum is enough for full face coverage.
- Rating: 4/5. This serum is very moisturizing and I would definitely consider buying it again; however, it didn’t really wow me. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying this item.
* My morning routine consists of the following steps:
- Foam wash