- As much as I love baking, I usually think of it as more of a fall and winter activity. For summer days, here are 8 Sweet No-Bake Recipes for When It’s Too Hot to Turn on the Oven, courtesy of Real Simple. My favorite from the list is the No-Churn Mango Sorbet–such a simple and brilliant idea!
- When I was in college, I used to whip up batches of burritos and freeze them. They were basically a healthier version of the frozen burritos you find in the grocery store. This article from Bon Appétit will teach you how to make your own “Emergency Frozen Burritos (EFBs).” It’s a great idea for students and working people, and anyone who wants a quick and easy microwaveable meal.
- Also from Bon Appétit, did you know that making herb salt is a great way to extend the shelf life of your dried herbs? I’ll definitely be doing this with the giant bottle of sea salt that I just bought.
- These 34 High-Protein Smoothie Recipes look and sound amazing. So far, I’ve got my eye on the Vanilla Matcha Avocado Smoothie and Pineapple Coconut Milk. Yum!
- Today, we tried this Spicy Chicken Feet Recipe for the first time. It took quite a bit of work (mostly cleaning), but it actually turned out to be delicious. Now, I know what many of you are thinking… “Chicken feet, really?!” For those of you that are unfamiliar with chicken feet, it is actually a very common dish in dim sum restaurants. Some people even eat chicken feet for its potential health benefits. For example, chicken feet contain a lot of collagen, which is essential for healthy skin.
That’s all for now. Check in again next week for more tasty eats!