This eos shave cream is my new favorite shower product, so let’s jump straight into this review.
Description from the eos website:
Rich, non-foaming eos shave cream is packed with natural shea butter, vitamins B3, C & E, green tea and grape seed extract for beautiful skin. With 24 hours of skin-softening moisture, eos is so moisturizing you can shave wet or dry. Plus, it’s enriched with aloe and oat extract to help prevent nicks and razor bumps.
Full list of ingredients:
WATER/EAU, CETYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, COCOGLYCERIDES, STEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, COLLOIDAL OATMEAL, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, LAURETH-23, PETROLATUM, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE/PARFUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), CARBOMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BISABOLOL, DISODIUM EDTA, NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3), HEXYLENE GLYCOL, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE SEED) EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINESIS LEAF (GREEN TEA) EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, FD&C YELLOW #6 (CI 15985), FD&C RED #40 (CI 16035), HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL
Now, let’s break it down.
- Packaging: This is hands down the cutest packaging I’ve ever seen for a shaving cream/foam/gel. The product comes in a bright pink, soft-touch plastic bottle, with a clear-colored protective cap. The shave cream is dispensed via white push pump, making it just like a regular lotion bottle.
- Scent: The pomegranate raspberry scent smells so good. I am normally not a big fan of strong or overly sweet smells, but I don’t mind this candy-like fragrance one bit. Don’t worry–most of it washes off in the shower.
- Texture: Because this cream is non-foaming, the texture is very much like a thick lotion.
- Experience: This product creates a thin, moisturizing barrier over the skin, and washes away without leaving a filmy residue. Because it is not foamy or airy, it keeps close to the skin, allowing for a close shave with good protection. This shave cream leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft–not at all bumpy or irritated–but I still recommend using a lotion once you step out of the shower. It’s important to lock in moisture! I should also note that I’ve only used this product on wet skin. Although the instructions state that you can use it on dry skin, I highly discourage it. You should always shave at the end of your shower, when pores are open and hair is softened.
- Rating: 5/5. This is my favorite shaving cream to date.
Can you guess what eos lip balm is featured in the photo? Hint: It’s a limited edition flavor!