- Thank the person that nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate and link blogs (with less than 200 followers).
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
- Write 10 new questions for your nominees to answer in their blog.
10 Questions from Beauty and a Little Extra
- What was the last picture you took on your phone?
A swatch of my new Julep nude lipstick. Look forward to reading about it soon!
- Do you trust anybody with your life?
- What lie have you told in order to get out of doing something?
Nothing bad. “I’m too busy” is probably my most common line, although it’s not really a lie. It’s more like a nicer way of saying, “I already have a lot to do so I don’t want to make time for that.”
- If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
Thirty, if it means that I could bring back some knowledge from my future self. Time travel is a scary thing though. I mean, can you imagine 13 Going on 30 happening IRL? That’s too freaky.
- What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
Maybe about 36 hours. I’ve only pulled an all-nighter once and I didn’t count the time.
- If you had the chance to read one person’s mind, what person would you pick?
I don’t know, but someone really smart… so I could leech possible startup ideas and magically collaborate with them.
- If you had to choose to live in another person’s body for the rest of your life, who would you pick and why?
Karlie Kloss. She’s beautiful, fit, smart, and fun.
- What question do you hate to answer?
“Do you have a boyfriend yet?”
- Lemons or Limes?
Lemons! I pretty much love anything lemon–macarons, tarts, ice cream, scented candles, lip balm, lemonade, etc.
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
This is a hard question! I don’t think too much about compliments, let alone remember them. In general, any comment that praises my intelligence or competence at work is highly appreciated.
10 Questions from Not a Makeup Addict
- What do you usually wear when bumming around the house?
Some combination of a tank top and shorts.
- How has your make up obsession/consumption changed over the years?
Well, it’s currently at its worst. In high school, I started to take care of my skin more. I bought a lot of products to combat acne and keep my skin clean, but I definitely only purchased what seemed necessary. I didn’t do any research, and would just buy what looked appealing to me. In college, I started wearing makeup regularly, but just the basics. I also started watching some beauty tutorials on YouTube, but it never interested me much besides learning the know-how of certain techniques. Now, as you can probably tell, I pay a lot of attention to beauty. I follow trends, do my research, and buy a lot of skin care and makeup products. My consumption and obsession is heavier on the skin care side, but I do own a lot of makeup as well.
- How long does your beauty routine (skincare, make up) take on an average day?
In the morning, it takes about 5 minutes. At night, it can take anywhere between 15 to 90 minutes, depending on what products I’m using (nose strips and masks really drive up the time).
- What beauty brands, if any, do you have irrational obsessions about? (Mine is Giorgio Armani!)
YSL and NARS.
- What is the single most expensive beauty item you own and why did you buy it?
Probably the very popular BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop. I tried to resist, but it’s just too pretty.
- What feature do you hate about your face the most, and why?
One of my eyes is noticeably smaller than the other. It’s so annoying when I’m doing my eye makeup!
- Would you use or buy secondhand/used make up?
Possibly, but only if it came from someone that I know personally.
- How much do you spend on beauty a month?
I probably average $50/month.
- Are you a purger or a hoarder?
Hate to say it, but definitely on the hoarder side. I hate throwing things away when there’s a possibility for being repurposed.
- What is the most unglam beauty/personal care product you can’t live without?
Blackhead-cleansing nose strips are amazing, but so gross when you pull them off.
I follow so many wonderful blogs and most of them already have 200+ followers. So, I’m going to break the rules and just nominate three today:
You can find my previous nominees here.
- What is one beauty product you can’t live without?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would you choose and why?
- What’s your ideal first date?
- What is the last movie you saw?
- What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
- Do you have a favorite fragrance?
- What did you have for lunch today?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Do you have any advice for brand new bloggers?
- What’s your favorite day of the week?