Julep’s September collection is titled “Kisses, London” and was “inspired by London’s fall runways.” I haven’t really been a fan of Julep’s recent collections, but I think this one is a huge hit. Maybe it’s because autumn is my favorite season, but the shimmer and rich colors are very appealing to me. This is also a really good thing because I actually missed my Maven selection window this month. (For non-Mavens, the selection window is a few days when you can customize, skip, or gift your monthly box.)
The default September Classic with a Twist box included (seen above, from top to bottom):
- Light on Your Lips in Wink
- Alison, sweet almond soft focus*
- Julep signature crème
- Rayma, an Italian plum crème
*Soft focus finish refers to a satin finish with subtle glow.
[In case you missed my August Maven unboxing, you can take a look here.]
The Julep signature crème was a bonus gift for all Maven boxes this month. What a nice surprise! Its color is very similar to that of the physical Maven box, just a tad darker. I normally wouldn’t buy this color for myself, but it is definitely a welcome addition to my collection.
Light on Your Lips (Wink) Review
This month’s full-sized product is Julep’s Light on Your Lips lipstick, in one of seven new shades. I received Wink, a tea rose crème.
I have yet to jump on the nude lip bandwagon, so this crème brings an exciting start for me. Had I logged in during the selection window, I probably would have swapped out the shade with Lady in Red or Last Call. I’m so glad that I didn’t!
- Packaging: The lipstick comes in a simple, sleek black tube with magnetic closing.
- Scent: Completely fragrance-free.
- Texture: The lipstick glides on smooth like butter.
- Experience: I am very pleasantly surprised by this lip product. I applied it on bare, dry lips and it was very moisturizing. It did not emphasize my chapped skin at all, as some other lip colors do. In addition, the lipstick has great lightweight coverage and commendable staying power. Without primer or lip liner, I still had some on after eating dinner!
- Rating: 5/5. This has become a new favorite. It looks like Julep’s lip products are really growing on me.
Be sure to check out the Julep blog posts and product pages for a complete set of swatches!
All photos were minimally edited in order to accurately represent the products shown.