If you take a look at my personal belongings–be it in my room, my purse, my gym bag, or my desk–you’ll easily recognize that I’m a beauty junkie.
Since it’s Labor Day, I wanted to share the products that I like to keep with me at my work desk. I collectively refer to these items as my Ready-To-Go Beauty Kit. There are three main reasons for this naming:
- The kit contains eye and skin care essentials that provide instant pick-me-ups throughout the work day (or night).
- The kit contains makeup essentials that can be used to easily transform your look for a sudden presentation, lunch date, or after-work plans.
- I didn’t want to call it “The Workplace Beauty Kit” because that’s a misleading name. Although I keep this kit at my cubicle, I highly recommend having these products on hand in your everyday bag, in your carry-on luggage, in your car, in your locker, etc.
Sound good? Now, let’s take a look at what’s inside.
- Visine Tears Dry Eye Relief — This is an absolute must-have for me, especially when I’m doing a lot of data analysis.
- Tony Moly Panda’s Dream So Cool Eye Stick — This eye stick is a dream for tired eyes. It instantly provides a refreshing cooling sensation. Bonus: The packaging is super cute!
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Eye — I use an eye cream nightly, but I also like to keep a cheap one in my beauty kit for emergencies (stress-related crying, bad hay fever, etc.).
- Alba Botanicals Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes — The name explains it all.
- NYX Green Tea Blotting Paper — This blotting paper is useful for reducing shine and maintaining a perfect complexion, especially on a hot day or after a post-midday workout.
- EOS Lip Balm — Keep your lips moisturized, duh!
- Lovely ME:EX Mini Pet Perfume Hand Cream — My hands are often dry due to constant washing, so I keep hand cream everywhere. This cute mini pet serves double duty as a cubicle decoration and much needed source of hydration.
- Nature Republic Green Tea Fresh Pure Pact SPF25 PA++ — This is one of my favorite pressed powders to date. I like to keep powder or cushion handy for midday touchups.
- Benefit Boi-ing Eye Bright Compact — This compact duo contains both concealer and eye brightener.
- Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lipstick — I absolutely love this Too Faced lipstick line. I recommend having a few lip colors in your kit (bright, nude, neutral, bold) so that you’ll be ready for any occasion that pops up.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner — Eye liner is always a must.
- Sephora Spring in Soho Eye, Lip & Cheek Palette — This small, multi-function palette is perfect for creating a number of looks.
Tools & Things
- Basic Fabric Band-Aids — Beauty kits should always have band-aids (or, even better, a mini first aid kit). You never know when you’ll need one for a paper cut, blister, hangnail, etc.
- Revlon nail clipper — I recently added a nail clipper to my beauty kit because I started rock climbing. Avoiding the rock gym because my nails have grown out is no longer an excuse. This is also handy for pesky hangnails.
- e.l.f. Mechanical Eyelash Curler — I have stick-straight Asian eyelashes, so eyelash curlers are a strict requirement.
- Scunci No Damage Hair Elastics — I often forget to bring hair ties from home, so I keep a pack of these as backups.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball — A dab of this perfume makes me instantly energized. It also covers up how bad I probably smell after my midday yoga class.
Bonus Items (not pictured)
- A facial mist, such as this Urban Decay Complexion Prep Spray, will provide immediate refreshment, especially for tired skin.
- A comb or small brush is always an important tool to have.
- An edible lip scrub, like Lush’s Mint Julips, will allow you to exfoliate and moisturize without leaving your desk.
Do you have your own Ready-To-Go Beauty Kit? What’s in it?