As the weather gets colder, it’s easy to start slacking on your sun care routine. Since the intensity of UV rays is highest in the summer, many people believe that sunscreen application is unnecessary during the colder months. False. UV rays don’t just disappear when the temperature drops. It is important to use sunscreen year-round.
The Eco Safety Aqua Perfect Sun Gel
This Innisfree sun gel has been my go-to summer sunscreen. It’s lightweight, moisturizing, and smells great.
I purchased this product as part of the limited edition Innisfree Vacance Suncare Set that was released earlier this summer. The set contains several wonderful products at a great value, and I highly recommend buying one if it’s ever in stock again.
A brief description, from the box:
This moist and long-lasting sunscreen, formulated with sunflower oil and hyaluronic acid, applies lightly and easily.
From the Innisfree website:
A refreshing, hydrating and long-lasting suncream with hyaluron to deliver essential moisture to the skin
What it is
Aqua daily sun gel made from organic sunflower oil SPF50+ PA+++
1. Protects the skin from UV rays
Sunflower oil and pure Jeju green tea extract protect your skin from UV rays.
2. Moist and fresh water-base sunblock!
As a water-base sunblock, it absorbs quickly to keep your skin hydrated and fresh.
3. Protect your skin from the ozone
Fermented yeast ingredient protects your skin from the ozone and other environmental damages.
How to use
As the last step of your skincare, apply an adequate amount of the gel on parts frequently exposed to UV rays, such as face, neck, arms and legs
Sunflower oil in innisfree sunblock keeps your skin healthy and safe from UV.
Full list of ingredients
WATER, ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, HOMOSALATE, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE, OCTOCRYLENE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, ECHIUM PLANTAGINEUM SEED OIL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CARDIOSPERMUM HALICACABUM FLOWER/LEAF/VINE EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) LEAF EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SACCHAROMYCES FERMENT LYSATE FILTRATE, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, CETETH-10, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CARBOMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ALLANTOIN, OCTYLDODECANOL, FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL
What it doesn’t have
5-free system: Free of mineral oil, animal ingredients, synthetic fragrance, tar color and talc
Some notable extracts that I want to point out in this sun gel are green tea, yeast, aloe, and witch hazel.
- Green tea is a well known antioxidant*, moisturizer, and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Yeast extract is not widely used in cosmetics, but seems to have been gaining popularity. It is a source of beta-glucan, which is a good antioxidant*.
- Aloe and witch hazel both contain moisture-locking properties. They are also notable remedies for sunburn relief.
*Antioxidants are very important ingredients of sun care products as they can fight UV-generated free radicals upon contact.
- Packaging: The sun gel comes in a bright yellow bottle with screw cap. The squeezable bottle dispenses product neatly through a small nozzle tip.
- Scent: This sunblock has a fresh, somewhat floral scent to it. It doesn’t have that weird sunblock smell that reminds me of being at the pool, if you know what I mean. It’s definitely the best-smelling sunblock I’ve ever used.
- Texture: The gel texture makes this sunscreen feel like a regular moisturizer (emulsion). It is very lightweight, not thick and pasty. The product spreads thinly and dries quickly. You won’t risk seeing any missed white streaks across your face after putting this on.
- Experience: I have only good things to say about this product. I apply it as the last step of my morning skin care routine, after moisturizer. It absorbs and dries very quickly, without leaving any white color or residue. On bare skin, the gel leaves my skin moisturized, while remaining non-sticky and non-shiny. On top of moisturizer, my skin is left looking dewy, which I really like. I’ve used this product daily–in normal summer weather conditions, as well as under the blazing hot desert sun (Vegas)–and it has made me feel very protected.
- Rating: The perfect 5/5. It’s hard to go back to any other sunscreen after trying this one.