When the wind starts to chill and skies are overcast, it’s time for me to pull out the baking pans.
After a week of burning hot temperatures, today was surprisingly mild and gloomy. When I woke up and looked out my window, I almost instantly thought cupcake weather. (What’s going on California? I wanted to go to the beach or a barbecue this weekend.)
To mark the unofficial start of the fall season, I wanted to share some of my favorite go-to recipes with you all, as well as some new ones that I’m excited to try.
Old favorites —
- These Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes from Love & Olive Oil are always a hit with my friends. I like egg-less frosting, so I usually swap out the egg whites with some milk.
- I love Butterscotch Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. These are almost always in the Christmas dessert bags that I make for friends.
- These Coconut-Cranberry Chews are also a cookie swap favorite.
- These Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting are an absolute must-try. They are hands down some of the best cupcakes I have ever made. I mean, cream cheese frosting is already amazing, but pineapple cream cheese frosting is just brilliant.
- I made a variation of these Hazelnut Cappuccino Cupcakes today, substituting the hazelnuts with coarsely ground almonds. While the frosting was chilling, I actually turned half of the cupcakes into jam-filled cupcakes (pineapple preserves and guava syrup!) and the result was pretty tasty. (To clarify: The filled cupcakes were topped with vanilla buttercream–not cappuccino, because that would be gross.)
On my baking to-do list —
- Just look at these Cheesecake-Stuffed Pumpkin Muffins with Toffee Streusel. Need I say more?
- These Vanilla Chai Sugar Cookies and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies that Taylor Swift made and posted about on Instagram.
- This is going to have to happen soon: Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies.
- These Carrot Cake Cheesecake Crumble Bars look like YUM.
Oh, Fall, I’m so excited that you’re here ❤