Pumpkin Season at Trader Joe’s is a very real thing and it’s happening right now.
As a Trader Joe’s regular and a fall-obsessed foodie, this is a very exciting time. One of my favorite things about Trader Joe’s is its unique products and seasonal offerings. I’m not ashamed to say that I frequently spend way too long browsing the aisles, in search of the perfect new snack or recipe ingredient. This store just has so many wonderful things–cookie butter, anyone?
In light of this, here’s my take on a handful of their current pumpkin-inspired products:
- Autumnal Harvest Pasta Sauce — It’s a creamy tomato-based sauce made with butternut squash, pumpkin, and carrot. I bought a jar last week and cooked it with hot Italian sausage and mushroom ravioli. The result was truly delicious. Seriously, it’s so good that I purchased another two jars today, and I already used one for dinner. This might be the only way I’ll be eating pasta for the next couple of months.
- Pumpkin Biscotti — I’m a big fan of Trader Joe’s biscotti, and these pumpkin-flavored ones are no exception. They are perfect for dipping in a pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin spice cocoa.
- Pumpkin Tortilla Chips — I love tortilla chips, but these are a total miss. The chip itself is sturdy and perfectly crunchy, but the intense pumpkin aftertaste really ruins an otherwise good tortilla chip. I think it’s the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg that exaggerate the weird sweetness. Luckily, I didn’t waste my money on these. One of my coworkers bought a bag and a bunch of us got to taste the chips. Nobody liked them. I could barely finish one little triangle.
- Pita Crisps with Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds — I almost grabbed a bag of these today, but my pumpkin tortilla chip experience made me hesitant. Maybe next time, pita crisps, maybe next time.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter — I am sure that this is amazing, but I refuse to buy it. I don’t want to turn into a whale.
- Pumpkin Cranberry Scone Mix — I’m not really a scone person, but just think of how good these would be with the Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter…
- Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli — This was completely sold out at my local store, but I can’t wait to try it with the Autumnal Harvest Pasta Sauce.
- Butternut Squash & Creamed Spinach Gratin — I didn’t see this item either, but it looks and sounds delectable.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins — I’ve been resisting these because I’m convinced that I can make something quite similar; however, it’s only a matter of time before I give in. I already indulged in the Starbucks/La Boulange version today.
Have you tried any of these seasonal items? Let me know in the comments!