I purchased this Bee Venom Mist Essence last weekend as part of my mini Nature Republic Haul. I am a huge fan of the Nature Republic Bee Venom Roll On Spot–see my review here–so I was very excited to try this out. It turns out that this mist essence was an Allure Korea Best of Beauty 2012 award winner, and I can definitely see why.
Description and instructions from the Nature Republic website:
Formulated with 98% bee venom complex, this mist essence is for skin that is prone to irritation and redness.
After washing your face in the morning and at night, close your eyes and spray it on your face at a distance of 15-20cm for 2 seconds with a circular motion. Then, gently pat your face to enhance its absorption into your skin. Spray as often as necessary during the day or spray it over your makeup.
Here are my thoughts after a week of use:
- Packaging: This mist essence comes in an aluminum can with spray pump. The spray nozzle cannot be locked, but the product does come with a brown cap (not pictured, see product detail). I have the 50 ml can, which is apparently the travel size.
- Scent: The smell instantly makes me think of nature. The essence contains a variety of extracts and oils–including mandarin orange, lavender, mistletoe, olive, and rosemary–which gives it a herbal scent with hints of floral. I’m not a big fan of the fragrance, but it doesn’t smell bad and is actually quite weak.
- Texture: The spray nozzle produces a fine mist that is very refreshing to the skin. This product has the consistency of water and does not leave any residue.
- Experience: Over the past week, I have incorporated this essence into my daily morning and nighttime routines. After using toner, I apply a liberal amount of essence to my face and allow it to dry, then continue with the rest of my regimen (serum, emulsion, creams). I usually spray the essence in circular motions for 2-4 seconds, then gently pat my face. The formula dries very quickly, so it barely affects the length of my routine.
With continued use, the mist essence is very effective. After a couple of days, I noticed a visible decrease of redness and irritation. It has brightened my skin and improved my overall complexion. It did not completely get rid of my pimples; however, I don’t mind because that would defeat the purpose of the spot treatment.
Note: In order to get a better idea of the product’s effectiveness, I did not use it in conjunction with the Roll On Spot or any other acne/irritation-fighting skin care products. The rest of my skin care routine is geared towards brightening and hydration.
- Rating: 5/5. This product is affordable (approximately US$10) and does exactly what it claims to do. I highly recommend it.