I suffer from chapped lips year-round, so you can imagine how much I rely on balms when it starts to get really cold outside. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask has been a total game changer for me. I purchased this lip mask a couple of months ago on YesStyle and it has become a staple in my nightly routine this fall.
Detailed information from the Laneige website (click to enlarge):
From the package instructions:
Laneige Sleeping Care Line
Laneige Sleeping Beauty Care makes skin look clear and glowing in the morning by purifying skin overnight.
Laneige Moisture Wrap
Laneige Moisture Wrap Technology is a technology that activates effective ingredients to help restore skin damaged during the day by covering skin with the Bio-polymer mineral network while you sleep, as if covering skin with a moisturizing film.
During daytime, skin experiences a lot of stress due to reduced amount of moisture and disruption of skin balance since skin is easily exposed to various harmful factors and impurities. Based on this, Laneige has discovered the need for sleeping care products. During nighttime, skin has increased absorption capability due to the collapse of skin’s barrier compared to daytime. Providing good skincare during nighttime can improve the condition of skin the following morning.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
An innovative Lip Care Mask that creates an all-day smooth, firm lips by softly melting dead skin cells on the lips wile you sleep and relieves troubles that could not be solved with moisturizing lip balm alone.
- A berry mix complex containing four types of berries provides the lips with rich vitamins and offers antioxidant effect for smooth, firm lips.
- Laneige Moisture Wrap technology helps purify the damages and stress from frequent lip makeups and others on the lips and provides deep moisturizing components to maintain moist, soft lips.
- Before going to bed, apply a thick layer of mask onto the lips and wipe off gently with tissue the next morning. The lips will feel exfoliated and gently cared for.
- Packaging: The mask comes in a simple jar with a screw-on lid. A silicone lip applicator and small rectangular plastic pouch are also included in the box (pouch not shown).
- Scent: It smells like strawberry candy, thanks to the berry mix complex.
- Texture: The texture of the lip mask is like that of Vaseline. It is very thick.
- Experience: I really like Laneige products, but I was initially quite skeptical about this mask. Could it be just an expensive lip balm? Luckily, the answer to that question is no.
As per the product instructions, I apply a liberal amount of mask onto my lips before bedtime. Unlike regular lip balm which spreads thinly, you can really feel the thickness of this mask. It feels like a moisture barrier that just sits on your lips throughout the night.
In the morning, I can still feel the mask on my lips. Upon wiping it off with facial tissue, my lips feel incredibly soft and moisturized. Depending on how chapped my lips were the night before, I sometimes have to use a lip scrub to remove all of the dead, flaky skin. (I use Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub.)
All in all, this lip mask works great. I’ve been using it almost every night to battle out the cold, dry weather, and I’m very happy with the results.
- Lesson learned: Don’t lick your lips or bite them after you’ve applied the mask. Although the mask smells yummy, it’s definitely not meant to be eaten–not that I’ve tried, but I did lick my lips and thought it tasted weird.
- Rating: 5/5. I am very pleased with the effectiveness of this product.
Have you tried any lip masks before? Let me know in the comments!