Can you believe it’s already New Year’s Eve (and already 2016 for those of you in different time zones)? I don’t know about you guys, but 2015 went by incredibly fast for me. I wonder just how long it will take me to get used to writing and typing “2016”…
Instead of the usual monthly favorites, here’s a list of my favorite things from the past year:
- Belif The True Cream – Aqua Bomb — This gel-cream is my new favorite moisturizer and I’ve been recommending it to just about everyone I know. It’s the perfect product for maintaining hydrated, dewy skin throughout the cold winter months. [featured post]
- COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch — These patches are like little overnight miracle workers. I’ve been using them to tackle all of my breakouts. [review]
- Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water — As much as I swear by the double-cleanse method, there are some nights when I am just too tired to wash my face. That’s when I reach for a cotton pad and this powerful cleansing water. It’s also perfect for busy mornings.
- Skinfood Carrot Collagen Eye Sheet — I love pretty much all sheet masks, but these hydro gel eye patches are still my favorite of the lot. They are cooling, hydrating, and brightening. I use them at home whenever I look like a panda, and I also take them with me on trips. [featured post + review]
- AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel — This papaya enzyme peel feels so luxurious as you work it into a foamy lather. It’s a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. It’s a very gentle exfoliator, so you can use it every day.
- Innisfree Eco Safety Aqua Perfect Sun Gel — The sunscreen that feels like an emulsion. Yes, really. [review]
- Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lipstick in Barberry — This lipstick was part of the limited edition Frozen Berries collection. It’s a really pretty berry color that quickly became my favorite shade of the year. [featured post]
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop — There are many reasons why this highlighter is so popular. The rose gold shimmer is stunning on everyone. [featured post]
- NARS Lip Gloss (shown in Orgasm) — NARS lip glosses are my favorite thanks to their long-lasting, non-sticky, moisturizing formula. [featured post]
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky — I bought this palette earlier this month (thank you, Sephora holiday coupon) and I’ve been reaching for it almost every day. This is definitely my favorite of the Naked palettes.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Original — I have heard a lot of good things about this primer and finally purchased it on sale ($10, old packaging). It makes my eyeshadow last all day without creasing.
- Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Lip Balm — This lip balm could be in the skin care category because it is so smooth and hydrating. [review]
- Benefit Cosmetics Fake-Up Undereye Hydrating Concealer — This concealer is another recent purchase that made the list. It is the only concealer I’ve ever used that covers blemishes and hydrates. I also love its lipstick-like packaging.
Head & Body
- Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo (not pictured) — I think dry shampoo is an absolute beauty essential. This one from Herbal Essences works great and is inexpensive. [featured post]
- Versace Bright Crystal — I am all about fresh and floral scents, and this one is my favorite of the year. I absolutely love it. [featured post]
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (not pictured) — This fragrance is perfect for special occasions.
- EOS Shave Cream (not pictured) — The thick and creamy formula is just what I need for soft, smooth, and protected legs. [review]
- Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Body Oil — I bought this body oil on a whim, just so that I could get free shipping from Sephora (yup, those pre-Rouge days). It turned out to be an amazing investment. I have very dry skin, especially in the winter, but this stuff works wonders for me. It also smells like designer perfume.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ (not pictured) — I was obsessed with this phone for a couple of months, before finally deciding to get the smaller Samsung Galaxy S6. I love my gold S6, but the S6 edge+ is undeniably stunning.
- Samsung Wireless Charging Pad — This makes at-home charging so convenient, although I also love Samsung’s Adaptive Fast Charging Wall Charger.
- Portable Chargers — I use my phone a lot, so I rely on these guys for some extra juice throughout the day.
- Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Aluminum Keyboard — I originally bought this to use with my tablets, but I’ve since connected it to my laptop (which sits on a raised platform on my desk). It’s quite compact and works great.
- Lifefactory Water Bottles — These glass water bottles are protected by a silicone jacket and have interchangeable lids. They are very durable and leave water tasting fresh.
- Coloring Books — Adult coloring books were very popular this past year. I used to love coloring books as a child so I couldn’t help but get a couple for myself, plus a new set of Prismacolor pencils.
- Moleskine 2015 Mickey Mouse Limited Edition Weekly Planner — I used this planner religiously throughout the year. I love its size (5 x 8.25″) and the split planner + notebook format.
- All things Peanuts! — This year, I rediscovered just how much I love Snoopy and the rest of the gang. I pretty much waited all year for The Peanuts Movie–which I saw on opening weekend, of course–and I also bought a bunch of Peanuts merchandise (Happy Meal toys, Christmas stamps, apparel, movies, coloring book…). Check out PeanutizeMe.com to turn yourself into a Peanuts character like I did above! (I hesitate to admit that this is the fourth one I’ve made of myself.)
What were some of your favorite things from 2015? Let me know in the comments! Happy New Year!