As I mentioned in my 2016 resolutions post, my main goal this year is to stay hydrated. I often forget to drink water, especially while I’m at work, and only realize it after it’s too late.
In an effort to achieve this goal, I have created a simple water intake checklist which you can download and print out for yourself. The checklist is based on the common recommendation of 8 glasses of water per day.
I was originally going to stamp dots in my planner, but 1) I ran out of blue ink, and 2) stamping 8 x 366 days by hand is a lot…
In case the checklist isn’t enough motivation, here are my favorite tips for increasing water intake:
- Add fruits or herbs. I personally like lemons, limes, oranges, pineapples, strawberries, and mint.
- Use a pretty water bottle, such as the bkr (shown above) or Lifefactory glass water bottles. [Lifefactory water bottles are on my list of 2015 favorites.]
- Drink through a straw. Straws can be so fun, especially bright and bendy ones!
- Try sparkling water. I’m a big fan of LaCroix.
- Download a tracking app. I had success with Waterin for a little while, but eventually lost interest in it. I’m hoping that the paper checklist will work better for me since I love writing things down.
If you decide to use the checklist, let me know how it works for you! I’d also love to hear your favorite tips for staying hydrated.